Airtel XSafe Cameras: Price, Cam Types, Cloud Storage Plans & Features
Here’s everything you need to know about Airtel’s XSafe camera before buying it!
Airtel has launched a home surveillance security camera ‘The Airtel XSafe camera’. It is now available in every corner of our nation. Safety is one of our necessities and Airtel is here to help us with its XSafe security camera. We all want our family and loved ones to remain safe and hence we look for home security cameras. So if you are looking for a security camera for your home then this is one of the best options. In this article, we will be discussing everything about Airtel’s XSafe camera, its features, price, etc. So make sure that you read this article till the very end to know everything about this security solution.
What are the types of Airtel XSafe cameras?
The Airtel XSafe has three types of camera options. The first camera is the sticky camera, the 360-degree camera, and the active defense camera.
360 degree Camera
The 360-degree camera is an indoor camera as well. Just like the sticky camera, you can set this up in any corner of your room. This 360-degree camera also provides a 130-degree wide angle which helps you get a full view of the room. The picture quality is 2mega pixels full HD. This also has two-way communication and night vision similar to the sticky camera.
So if you have set this at your home and if currently you are in the office, if any person walks near the camera you will have an option in the app to turn on the notification for this. So if anyone comes close to the camera, the camera will instantly detect it and you will be notified when you click on this notification you will get an option to turn on the mic and with the help of this, you can communicate. The 360 degree Camera is priced at Rs. 2999 plus installation charges.
The sticky camera is an indoor camera. The sticky camera also has night vision and two-way communication is also available. You can set this camera up at any location in your place at any corner. This camera records both audio and video. The picture quality offered by the sticky camera is 2 megapixels full HD quality. The wide angle is 130 degrees with cloud-based data. The sticky security camera is priced at Rs. 2499.
Active Defence Camera
The active defense camera is an outdoor camera. This is also dustproof with a night vision mode which gives you a color-defined video even at night and in darkness. But the best part is that this depends on you if you want the video to be colorful or black and white. So if you choose black and white, in situations when there is enough light the video will be colorful but in darkness, the video will be black and white.
And on the other hand, if you choose the color option then your video will be colorful throughout that is in day and night time as well. There’s also a ‘Smart’ option available. In this smart mode, the camera detects the light and the video automatically adjusts to black and white or colorful depending on the lighting. The Active Defence Camera is priced at Rs. 4499.
So these are the three types of cameras available in Airtel XSafe. All three cameras are wireless and hence can be connected to your Wifi network. You can install as many cameras as you want there is no limit as such. Also, note that you will get to see the live view on three devices at a time. So three people can watch the live view at once. Also if three persons are watching it and one of them stops watching then the fourth person will be able to watch it. So you can give login to your close ones.
What are the Airtel XSafe plans?
You get an option to choose a yearly plan or a monthly plan. If you go for a yearly plan then you will not be charged with any installation charges. So installation is free with the yearly plan. Also, you will get a one-year warranty for the camera. You will also get a 12+1 which is a 13-month free cloud subscription on the yearly plan. On the other hand, if you go for a monthly plan then you will get a cloud subscription free for one month.
Airtel XSafe Camera Prices & Cloud Storage Plans
Where is the Airtel security app available and what are the storage and security camera prices?
The Airtel security app is available on both Android and iOS both devices and three people can watch live at a time. For now, you can only watch it on your mobile phone and you can not watch it on your laptop or computer. The Airtel team is working on this and they will soon launch the feature where you will be able to watch the video on your android TV. But for now, the live video can only be seen on your mobile phones.
The Airtel cloud storage monthly price is Rs. 99/- plus GST per month per cam. Or you can also opt for a yearly cloud storage plan which costs Rs. 999 per year on the first camera and for every additional camera you will have to pay Rs. 699 per year. The sticky security camera is priced at Rs. 2499/-, the 360-degree camera is priced at Rs. 2999/-, and the active defense camera is priced at Rs. 4499/- only. So these are the prices of the three Airtel XSafe cameras. Once you buy an Airtel XSafe camera a professional will come to your place, he or she will examine the place and tell you the best spot to fit the camera on. If you take a yearly subscription then no installation charges will be applied. The camera installation will be absolutely free of cost. So these are the plans and costs of the Airtel XSafe cameras.
(The prices mentioned above as are of the 1st of March,2023, and can be changed in the near future)
Airtel XSafe Cameras Features
- The Airtel XSafe camera has a siren available in its sticky and 360-degree camera. In case of emergencies, when someone comes close to the camera, the camera detects this and the siren will ring, you will also get a notification on your mobile phone. Here you will also get to adjust the volume of the siren to high, medium, and low.
- The live video can be watched by three people at a time.
- You can give the login to your close ones and if three people are currently watching the live video and any one of them stops watching then the fourth person will be able to watch the live video.
- The Airtel XSafe cameras have night vision which adjusts according to the lighting of the surrounding.
- You can manually set it up if you want the video in black and white or colorful during darkness. By default, the camera records the video according to the lighting situation of the surroundings
- In case of a power outage, you do not have to worry or restart the cameras manually as the cameras will automatically start once the power is back. You will also get a notification in a power outage situation.
Airtel Security App Features
So these were the features of the Airtel XSafe camera. Now let us move on and check out the features of the Airtel security app.
- Live videos can be watched on the Airtel security app.
- The Airtel security app is available on android and iOs devices as well.
- You will be able to record and take a picture with the help of the Airtel security app.
- You can also turn on the mic and adjust the volume with the Airtel security app.
- You will also be able to adjust the video quality. You can set it up to automatically operate or you can choose between the three options which are Low SD quality, Medium HD quality, and High full HD quality.
- You can turn on and turn off the night vision mode and status light through the Airtel XSafe app.
- You can adjust the motion detection sensitivity through the app. This motion detection sensitivity can be adjusted on a scale of 1 to 5 where one is low, three is medium and five is high. If you want the camera to detect minute, tiny movements as well then set the motion detection sensitivity to high which is on 5. So if the camera detects any minute movement you will be notified on your Airtel security app.
- You will also have the option to choose the detection zone. You can keep it on the entire screen or you can customize it according to your preferences on selective spots.
- You will be able to increase or decrease the motion alarm siren sound with the help of the Airtel security app.
- You can set the detection for a person or motion according to your convenience. It is advisable to keep the detection on ‘Motion’ as it will detect the person and motion both whereas, on the other hand, the person detection mode only detects the person.
So these are the features of the Airtel security app. We have covered everything about the Airtel XSafe security camera including its plans, features, cost, cloud storage cost, and the features of the Airtel security app as well. So make sure that you go through all of this before buying the Airtel XSafe app as it will help you gain insight and make a decision. Till then stay safe, and stay secure!